Tags addition rejected by Shopify
If you see an error saying "Tags rejected by Shopify" in the Activity Log of the app, it means that the Auto tags app tried to add those tags as per your workflow configuration. But Shopify silently rejected those tags. It can happen for a variety of reasons, but the most common reason is that the entity has the same tag already. For instance, if a product has the "Ball" tag and you configure a workflow to add the "ball" tag, Shopify would not allow that since "Ball" and "ball" are the same tag according to Shopify.
There are a few considerations when using tags in Shopify that you must be aware of:
- Tags that are associated with orders and draft orders can have up to 40 characters.
- Tags that are associated with products, transfers, customers, and blog posts can have up to 255 characters.
- Tags are not case-sensitive. For example,
approvedare the same tag.
- You can only use letters, numbers, and hyphens in your tags.
- Letters with accents and other symbols can exclude search results.
- You can apply up to 250 tags to each product, customer, transfer, blog post, order, and draft order.